In order to participate in experiments at the METU FEAS BEL, you must register in our database using the lab's online recruitment system. Part of this registration process involves acknowledging the following basic rules of conduct:
- You can only register once in the ORSEE database.
- Only current students at METU are eligible to participate in experiments. You must bring your unexpired ID card to each session.
- A certain number of registered persons will receive an invitation email to each experiment. Only the invited persons may take part in that experiment.
- If you receive an invitation email, you must respond affirmatively in order to participate. Spaces in an experiment are limited, so it is important to respond early to better ensure that a space will still be available. Important Note: Once you respond affirmatively, you cannot later withdraw this response from the recruitment system, so please verify that you are actually able to come before you respond.
- Usually, some extra persons are invited to ensure that a minimum participation level is achieved. The method for determining Participant and Alternate status will be described in the invitation email. Alternates will receive compensation for arriving for the experiment on time. The exact amount of this payment is determined by the researcher conducting that particular experiment, and will be described in the invitation email.
- Participation will be compensated in cash. The amount depends on the participant's and other participants' decisions during the experiment.